nce the contemplation of the body is practiced, developed, often repeated, has become one's habit, one's foundation, is firmly established, strengthened and well perfected, one may expect ten blessings:
Over Delight and Discontent one has mastery; one does not Allow one's self to be overcome by discontent; one subdues it as soon as it arises.
One conquers Fear and Anxiety; one does not allow one's self to be overcome by fear and anxiety; one subdues them as soon as they arise.
One endures cold and heat, hunger and thirst, wind and sun, attacks by gadflies, mosquitoes and reptiles; patiently one (endures wicked and malicious speech, as well as bodily pains, that befall one, though they be piercing, sharp, bitter, unpleasant, disagreeable and dangerous to life.
The four Trances, the mind-purifying, bestowing happiness even here: these one may enjoy at will, without difficulty, without effort.
(1) One may enjoy the different Magical Powers.
(2) With the Heavenly Ear the purified, the
super-human, one may hear both kinds of sounds, the heavenly
and the earthly, the distant and the near.
(3) With the mind one may obtain Insight into the Hearts of Other Beings of other persons.
(4) One may obtain Remembrance of many Previous Births
(5) With the Heavenly Eye the purified, the super-human, one may see beings vanish and reappear, the base and the noble, the beautiful and the ugly, the happy and the unfortunate; one may perceive how beings are reborn according to their deeds.
(6) One may, through the Cessation of Passions, come to know for oneself, even in this life, the stainless deliverance of mind, the deliverance through wisdom.